EGATEC 2022 Conference Programme
Role of Gas in the Future Energy System
Discussion: Enabling Security of Supply and Storage of Energy with Gas
How Gas Can Become Carbon Neutral
Hydrogen from Natural Gas – Technology Options
Green Gas Supply for Germany & Europe – a Technology Neutral Approach
Reflections: The Need for Research and Development in the Gas Sector
LNG & Hydrogen Infrastructure
Distribution Grids: a Performing and Resilient Asset for the Development of H2 in Territories
Networking Break with Roundtables
Short Coffee Break before General Assembly
MARCOGAZ General Assembly
Evening Event with Introduction of New MARCOGAZ President and Award Ceremony
DAY 2: 15 June 2022
Future Gas Utilisation
Gas Based Technologies and Innovative Concepts for Sector Integration
- Why buildings are a hard to decarbonise sector
- How a multi-technology approach, including those based on gas based, can improve sector integration and system efficiency
- Different gas based technologies and their specific benefits
- Readiness of these technologies to work with decarbonised gases
Veerle Beelaerts, Head of Technology, The European Heating Industry (EHI)
Hydrogen Powered Heat Appliances
- Why is hydrogen so important in the heating market?
- What solutions does the heating industry already offer today?
- Why is there little room for selectivity?
- Why does the steel industry benefit from hydrogen in the heating market?
Alexander Dauensteiner, Product Line Owner Fuel Cells & Co-ordinator Global Hydrogen Activities, Viessmann Climate Solutions SE
Q & A
Q & A
Next Steps for the Gas Industry
Green Hydrogen Market Economy: Symbiosis of Economic Growth, Climate Protection and Security of Supply
- Expected global trade in green hydrogen exceeds EUR 2,000 billion
- Climate targets 2030 already generate a demand of more than 55 TWh/a for green hydrogen in 2030
- By 2050, annual sales for electrolysers will grow to more than 300 billion EUR
- Green hydrogen makes renewable energies feedable and globally tradable
Werner Diwald, Chairman of the Board, German Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association (DWV)
Any questions regarding the programme?
The EGATEC 2022 agenda was created by the Programme Committee. Please click below to receive more information about the small group of selected MARCOGAZ, GERG, DVGW and ERIG Members: